Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 36 - Insistence and Favor

"For to everyone who makes a request, it will be given; and he who is searching will get his desire; and to him who gives the sign, the door will be open." Luke 11:10

As God says, we ask, He gives us. In some other part of the Scripture, God says if He doesn't answer, keep knocking and persist, and some day the door will be open.

In addition, today I read something interesting:

"As I lay there, my wet eyes shut tight and my cheeks burning from the rough carpet pile, I silently said 'God, I am not getting up from here until there is resolution in my heart. I can't lead this church one more day until you tell me what I'm supposed to do".

This text is part of a very interesting book I am reading which talks about listening to God's whispers. In this part the man didn't know what to do, but he knew he had to do something. What makes this situation different is that even though he is asking God to do something for him, to tell him what to do. He knows he is the one responsible for his actions.

That's where favor comes in, God plans the opportunities and opens the doors for us, but how are we going to walk through if we don't react to life?

Hows is it that we are going to achieve what He has planned if we are not prepared to handle the situations or if we have no capacity for it?

We could just sit down in front of our TVs and have faith that God will change our lives. Will it happen? I don't think so, as long as we stand up and say 'here I am, Lord. What should I do to prepare myself for the plans you have for me?'

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment